Season 2007 Hits…
Just to keep everyone updated…
1. Captains have been finalised:
A-grade – Justin “JC” Calderbank (section 1)
B-grade – Nat Elliott (section 2)
C-grade – Mike Jenner (section 4)
D-grade – Brett Chilton (section 7)
2. The season starts Saturday week (October 6) with selection night being Wednesday week (October 3rd). There will be a BBQ that night and every selection night.
3. The selectors for this season (Phil Mayes, Dougie, Mike Jenner & Gyprock) will be giving everyone a call later this week/early next week to check your availability for the first game along with the rest of the season.
4. After game drinks will be held at the Coromandel Community Centre at Weymouth oval from 5pm onwards. A variety of drinks will be provided by the club (great fundraiser for us) and we’ll also put on a sausage sizzle each week where possible. The Past & Present Players Night was a big hit down at the Community Centre and we want to continue the momentum and get as many players back as possible. This season as well, we’ll be having a presentation night each week to highlight outstanding efforts for the day with prizes being given out (movie tickets, bottles of wine and alike).
A roster will be drawn up where at least 2 people will be given the responsibility each week to tidy up at the end of each Saturday night. This is a critical component of the Ramblers staying at the Centre that we leave it how we found it. Everyone will be notified well in advance of when their shift is and will be reminded when their turn is, however in the off chance you can’t get there, it is *your* responsibility to find a replacement.
5. Fees – Damian Allen is our treasurer this year and will be collecting fees. Fees are the same this year as last year ($180 before the end of the 2nd game or $100 if you’re a student/concession). Upfront payments are applicable to players who are playing in A, B and C grade. D grade, due to the makeup of that team, have the option of paying week-by-week or upfront. Any issues can be discussed with Damian ([email protected]).